Jeffrey B. Goldstein, M.D.
Jeffrey B. Goldstein, M.D.
Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Regional Medical Park
8 Medical Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803
2311 Asheville Highway
Hendersonville, NC 28803
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein is one of approximately 500 Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons in the nation who are Fellows in the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. He has performed thousands of eyelid procedures. His areas of expertise include:
• Excision of skin cancers of the eyelids and subsequent eyelid reconstruction
• Correction of eyelid malposition
• Tearing problems involving blocked tear duct drainage systems or dry eyes
• orbital decompression to correct protrusion of the eyes due to thyroid disease
• Orbital rehabilitation following loss of the eye
• Treatment for ocular prosthesis fitting issues
• Cosmetic procedures to enhance the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids, brow and cheeks
• Non-surgical cosmetic procedures including BOTOX and facial fillers
Dr. Goldstein is a board-certified ophthalmologist with additional Fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Eyelid and Facial Surgery. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University and received his Medical Degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his internship at the Tucson Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona, and his residency in ophthalmology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He then completed a two-year American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery approved fellowship in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Eyelid and Facial Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. He is an Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University Medical Center and the VA Medical Center in Asheville.
Dr. Goldstein has been named among the Top Doctors in America for 2011 and 2012 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in America. Recognized by his peers as an outstanding expert in ophthalmology, Dr. Goldstein is among only 5% of physicians in the U.S. selected for this prestigious honor.
Dr. Goldstein and his wife and three children enjoy fishing, hiking, gardening and travel. They selected Asheville as their home to be near family.
• Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
• Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
• Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
• Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
• Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
• Member of the Buncombe County Medical Society
• Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
• Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center